A security expert is questioning the validity of the 'near catastrophic' paparazzi chase in New York involving Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, and her mother Doria Ragland, calling the entire incident "very strange." The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's representative detailed how the family was relentlessly trailed by "highly aggressive paparazzi" for a duration exceeding two hours.

Mark White, GB News' home and security editor, expressed skepticism about the event during an interview with GB News host Patrick Christys. White pondered, "So who is the taxi driver that's also clearly willing to drive for two hours? Was this at the insistence of the couple? Could they have found a police station nearby to drive to?" suggesting that the reported scenario raises several unanswered questions.

White also raised questions about the Sussexes' private security's role during this reported pursuit, considering whether they were in nearby vehicles instructing the taxi driver. He found it perplexing that a taxi would be involved in such a pursuit for an extended period.

Further questions were raised by the claim that the paparazzi's dogged chase nearly caused collisions with two NYPD officers. White questioned the sequence of events, asking if the Sussexes were the ones to contact the police.

"Let's probably take a step back and be a little circumspect about what we're hearing," advised White, recommending cautious interpretation of details from the Sussexes' spokesperson.

The incident followed the Women of Vision Awards ceremony at New York City's Ziegfeld Ballroom, where Meghan was honored. Their security team confirmed to CNN that no one was injured during the encounter.

Although the NYPD reported the presence of "numerous" photographers as challenging, no reported collisions, injuries, or arrests resulted from the incident.

Thomas Buda, from the private security firm employed by the Sussexes, mentioned the paparazzi's allegedly dangerous driving tactics in their bid to ascertain the couple's accommodation in New York. Chris Sanchez, another security team member, described the car chase as "very chaotic" and "could have been fatal."

The taxi driver involved, Sukhcharn Singh, revealed that he spent roughly ten minutes with the family, during which time they were tailed by two cars. Despite this, he stated, "I never felt like I was in danger. It wasn't like a car chase in a movie."

The incident has sparked debate, with one unnamed photographer on site dismissing the narrative as sensational and hyperbolic, noting that there were no tickets issued or arrests made.