Major details about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's docuseries are out, hyping up the anticipation more. The project now has an official release date, though its title has reportedly changed.
Earlier reports claimed Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's docuseries' release would be moved due to "The Crown" Season 5 backlash. However, it seems to stick to its original release date of December, which is just a few weeks away.
Page Six exclusively reveals that the docuseries will be out on December 8, more than two weeks away. It will feature the couple's "love story," once titled "Chapters."
However, sources reveal that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have a change of mind and give it a new title. The new name is yet to be public as of this writing.
Just last week, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly dropped the docuseries' original director, Garrett Bradley, due to differing opinions and had her replaced with Liz Garbus. When talking about the project, the former actress told Variety in October that it was nice to have someone to trust with their story.
She called Bradley a "seasoned director whose work she had long admired," though the way she told their story was said to be different from theirs. Aside from the director, the two were reportedly at odds with their production team about what stories would appear in the show.
It was widely reported that the ousted royals wanted to remove a chunk of the footage, to which the streaming giant's execs allegedly disagreed. A Netflix source revealed that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had second thoughts about their own story and project.
They reportedly panicked and wanted to tone down "even the most basic language," though the stories told came from their own mouths. This change might have stemmed from Queen Elizabeth II's passing in September, resulting in some concerns about their docuseries coming out just a few months after the monarch's demise.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly wanted to delay their docuseries' release in 2023, but Netflix was already eager to drop it after "The Crown" Season 5. There were even claims that the show could be dead in the water.
However, a different insider revealed it was all just "a big misconception" that they wanted to turn the project on its heads. Sure, edits were made, but it was usual to give some notes and change things before the deadline and release date. Hence, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Netflix docuseries will finally see the light of the day.