btimesonline.com

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Allegedly Going Broke; Former Working Royals Now In 'Financial Hole'?

January 15, 2022 09:36 pm
Are Meghan Markle and Prince Harry running out of money? Here's the truth. (Photo : Hannah McKay/REUTERS)

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle cited "financial freedom" as one of the reasons behind their exit from the British Monarchy. This explained the massive deals they closed with companies and ventures they started between 2020 and 2021.

But, sources now reveal that the two personalities are having some "serious money issues" in the United States. In the upcoming issue of Star magazine, it is spilled that the former working royals are "on their way to going broke."

The insiders explained that things have not been cheap for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry as they establish their new life outside the United Kingdom. Apart from shouldering their "roughly $3 million" security detail, they, also, do not reportedly settle for anything less, especially when traveling. As claimed, they always shell out hefty sums for 5-star hotels.

With their big spending, the tipsters alleged that these all led them to a "financial hole," with the Duke of Sussex having a credit card debt of $480,000. He is, also, said to have "burned through a big chunk" of his inheritance from Princess Diana.

As for the Duchess of Sussex, her wardrobe and jewelry alone reportedly cost over $10,000,000.

All the assertions seemingly come as reports about selling their Montecito mansion and moving to a different estate have surfaced earlier this month. A different source revealed the matter to The Mirror, claiming that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are "thinking" of letting their new house go.

It would not allegedly be on the market, though, "because of who they are." As added, the pair is only showing the property to "people who are confirmed with funds and are serious buyers," according to Cosmopolitan.

The same insider explained that they are not "over the moon" about the property, as well as the location. But, they want to remain in the neighborhood, particularly in the Montecito area.

Following the narrative, however, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have yet to make a comment regarding the allegations. Accordingly, there is no way to know whether the stories are legitimate.

The sources and insiders have not given any proof, as well, to prove the claims. So, unless the pair confirms them all in an official statement, the reports remain speculative and suppositional.

Meanwhile, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are said to be going big this 2022. A previous report from Express UK asserted that royal watchers are "going to see a lot more of them" through their lucrative deals with the likes of Netflix and Spotify.

© 2021 Business Times All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Loading ...
© Copyright 2022 Business Times rights reserved.
About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms&Conditions