Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have officially stepped down from their royal duties in the British Monarchy. While they will remain as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, a lot of changes are bound to happen in the next few months.
These changes are all expected given that the deals of their exit are already finalized. Although there will be a 12-month review, Megxit, along with all of its contents, took in effect starting March 31.
According to Express UK, these changes included Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's use of their official account on Instagram, @SussexRoyal. Given that the word "royal" is banned by the Queen for the couple's usage, it was expected that they would deactivate or delete the account.
However, the publication revealed that the Duke and Duchess "refused" to shut it down. Instead, they announced that they are "signing off" and will not use the account during the 12-month review.
It was not shared, though, how the Meghan and Harry "refused" to shut it down. But, a royal expert, reportedly, claimed that it has appeared that they went "this way" when they said that they will not use it in the meantime.
Laney Liu shared with ABC's Heirpod that the official Instagram account of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will now start to become "inactive." However, she, reportedly, thinks that things will be very "interesting" as their firstborn son, Archie Harrison will turn 1-year-old next month.
Considering that the Duke and Duchess' official account on the platform had been the only way that the fans could get updates from the couple's lives, no one knows now what will happen when Archie celebrates his birthday on May 6. She further asserted that it is either no one will see pictures of the event or the Sussex couple will likely open a new account for their private uses.
In the same report, it was noted that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will no longer be represented by the Buckingham Palace or any royal communications team to speak on behalf of them. Since they are no longer senior working royals, they will no longer represent, as well, the Queen and the Crown.
So, for their PR purposes, it was said that they have hired a PR company in the United States. It was also revealed that this company used to represent celebrities, like Michael Jackson and Harvey Weinstein. Accordingly, since they have a new PR, they will likely have new platforms wherein they could share updates about their new lives outside the British Royal Family.