A royal photographer believes Prince Harry and Meghan Markle may cause more trouble for the royal family after receiving an invite from Queen Elizabeth herself. The monarch reportedly asks the Sussexes to stay at her Balmoral home during her summer break.
It has been known that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle didn't make it to the royal family's reunion last year due to the COVID-19 restrictions. Charles Rae claimed the couple might not accept Queen Elizabeth's invite this year despite the easing regulations.
Rae told "GB News," via Express, that it might not be a rumor that the palace staff at Balmoral had been told to prepare for the royals' visit. Royal family members are set to visit the Queen at different times.
Considering this is a family gathering, it's no surprise that the monarch has decided to send an invite to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Despite the reported rift with the royal family, Prince Harry is still her grandson.
Some say this move is an olive branch to keep the peace within the royal family, among other reasons. Rae added that if they go to Balmoral, which he doubts they will, they may get more than 15 minutes to be with Her Majesty.
So when asked by the presenter Stephen Dixon why he thought they would not accept Queen Elizabeth's invitation, Rae said they would only cause more trouble. "I just think Harry and Meghan are on a course to cause as much problems as possible," he explained.
He cited the father-of-two might be challenging the Home Office over security arrangements for his family while in the U.K. He believed this could be a "potential source of contention" with the royal family.
Will Meghan Markle join the wider family Balmoral despite the claims they will be kept from the other royals? Rae added the family schedules their visit to ensure Queen Elizabeth has company while in Balmoral.
The 96-year-old leader arrived in Scottish Highlands on Thursday, July 21, and would stay at Craigowan Lodge for several weeks, New Zealand Herald noted. An insider revealed that the staff had been told to expect the full list of royals visiting the place, including Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, along with their two kids, Archie and Lilibet.
The source even added that they were "preparing for the Sussexes." It's believed that the controversial royal couple would stay there for a while when other senior royals were not around.